Prepare for licensure and your transition to practice! Organized around the issues in today's constantly changing healthcare environment Yoder-Wise's Leading & Managing in Canadian Nursing, 2nd Edition offers an innovative approach to leading and managing by merging theory, research, and practical application. This cutting-edge text is intuitively organized around the issues that are central to the success of Canadian nurses including cultural diversity, resource management, advocacy, patient safety, delegation, and communication. In addition, it provides just the right amount of information to equip you with the tools you need to master leadership and management – all to help prepare you for clinical practice!
- UNIQUE! Each chapter opens with A Challenge, where practicing nurse leaders/managers offer their real-world views of a concern related in the chapter, encouraging you to think about how you would handle the situation.
- UNIQUE! A Solution closes each chapter with an effective method to handle the real-life situation presented in A Challenge and demonstrates the ins and outs of problem-solving in practice.
- Innovative content and presentation, merge theory, research and professional practice in key leadership and management areas.
- An array of pedagogical elements includes chapter objectives, glossary terms, exercises, Research Perspectives, Literature Perspectives, Theory Boxes, chapter checklists, tips, and references.
- Intuitively organized content and clear and unbiased writing style facilitates learning of theory and complex concepts.
- Inviting and well-structured full-colour design enhances your learning by being able to find information quickly and easily, providing visual reinforcement of concepts.
- UNIQUE! Two NEW chapters help build your leadership skills within your academic program - one of which is authored by an undergraduate student and an early career alumnus.
- NEW! UNIQUE! Chapter on nursing leadership in Indigenous health explains the leadership role and is also integrated into relevant topics throughout the text.
- NEW! Expanded and updated coverage of topics includes workplace violence and incivility, strength-based nursing and the role of nurses as change agents - visioning, shaping culture, leading change.
- NEW! Expanded discussion on the interdependence of leadership and management roles and competencies clearly fosters leadership ideas for effective and responsive health care environments.
- NEW! Additional examples of real life practice cases and examples help you to examine and apply theoretical concepts.