Written in a clear, engaging style, Plunkett’s Procedures for the Medical Administrative Assistant, 5th Edition provides instruction for all the essential office procedures required by today's medical office administrative assistants in Canada — whether they work in a medical office, a complementary care office, or in a hospital setting. It contains the most current information available in the field, and specifically reflects health care in Canada. Chapters address the diverse skills and knowledge required by a medical office administrative assistant, such as good communication, privacy, customer service, stress management, medical transcription, filing, appointment booking, physical and virtual meetings, billing (ICD-10-CA), and more. This new edition covers Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and features an eye-catching new four colour design and a new Evolve companion site with invaluable instructor and student resources.
- Written in an accessible, clear, engaging, and easy to understand style.
- Key terms, learning objectives, end-of-chapter assignments, and discussion questions throughout.
- Examples and exercises delve deeper into topic areas.
- Extensive offering of working papers and templates allow for extra practice on tasks and scenarios encountered in the medical office environment.
- Quintessentially Canadian content and viewpoint.
- Continuation of the beloved Dr. Plunkett theme.
- NEW! Four Colour design with new art programme better illustrates current concepts and improves readability and visual appeal.
- UPDATED! Expanded coverage of healthcare plans across Canada.
- NEW! Coverage of Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- NEW! Evolve site including chapter review questions, review questions, videos, forms and templates, audio glossary, and more!
- UPDATED! Reflects contemporary standards, technological tools, and terminology used in day-to-day modern health care practice.
- NEW! New and revised learning tools – including: learning objectives, key terms, assignment boxes, tips, critical thinking boxes, and Did You Know boxes.
- UPDATED! Reflects current privacy legislation (PIPEDA) and changes to provincial and territorial Freedom of Information acts.
- NEW! Chapter order and comprehensive Table of Contents.