Get a clear, logical, and holistic approach to physical examination and health assessment across the lifespan! Using easy-to-follow language, detailed illustrations, summary checklists, and new learning resources Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 3rd Canadian Edition is the gold-standard in physical examination textbooks. This new edition reflects the latest in what is happening in nursing today with coverage of emerging trends, examples of how to document patient assessments using the Electronic Health Record, and new evidence-informed content throughout. It's easy to see why this text is #1 with Canadian nursing students!
- A two-column format distinguishes normal findings from abnormal findings, and uses colour, step-by-step photos to clarify examination techniques and expected findings.
- Sectional colour bars segment body systems according to content (Structure and Function, Subjective Data, Objective Data, Documentation and Critical Thinking, Abnormal Findings).
- Summary checklists offer reviews of key examination steps.
- Documentation and Critical Thinking sections provide real world clinical examples of specific patients and how to document assessment findings.
- Abnormal findings tables help you recognize, sort, and describe abnormalities.
- Separate chapter on Pregnancy provides a thorough foundation for assessing the pregnant patient.
- Developmental Considerations sections highlight content specific to infants, children, adolescents, pregnant women, and older adults.
- Promoting Health boxes focus on this key aspect of Canadian health care.
- NEW! Content covering the Electronic Health Record, charting, and narrative recording provides examples of how to document assessment findings.
- UPDATED Case Studies provide you with opportunities to test and develop your analytical skills and apply what you’ve learned.
- NEW! Approximately 150 normal and abnormal examination photos for the nose, mouth, throat, thorax, and pediatric assessment gives you a fresh perspective on these key system examinations, with cultural diversity and developmental variations.
- NEW! Social determinants of health considerations cover the shifting landscape of Canada’s populations with strategies for integrating social, economic and ethnocultural diversity into your health assessments.
- NEW! Assessment strategies relevant to Indigenous populations, harm reduction, nutrition, and transgender persons inform practitioners on respectful, complete care.