Introducing the only fully comprehensive skills text on the market, distinctly for Canadian students! Canadian Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques helps equip you with the skills you need to successfully care for patients within the Canadian social and institutional context. Building on the strength of Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques’ comprehensive coverage of over 200 basic, intermediate and advanced skills, this textbook features nearly 1,000 full-colour photographs and drawings, a nursing process framework, step-by-step instructions with rationales, and a focus on critical thinking and evidence-informed practice. Written by the highly respected author team of Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia A. Potter, Wendy Ostendorf, and Canadian author Shelley L. Cobbett, it offers all the guidance and tools you need to perform nursing skills with complete confidence!
- Comprehensive coverage includes over 200 basic, intermediate, and advanced nursing skills.
- Streamlined theory content in each chapter features a quick, easy-to-read bullet format to help reduce repetition and emphasize the clinical focus of the book.
- Unique! Evidence-Informed Nursing Practice chapter covers the entire process of conducting research, including collecting, evaluating, and applying evidence from published research.
- Unique! Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions sections alert you to what might go wrong and how to appropriately intervene.
- Clinical Debriefs case-based review questions at the end of each chapter focus on issues such as managing conflict, care prioritization, patient safety, and decision-making to help you better prepare for the clinical setting.
- Nursing process framework incorporates the areas of delegation and collaboration; reporting and recording; safety guidelines; and teaching, pediatric, geriatric, and home care considerations.
- Basic skills presented in streamlined procedural guidelines format makes it easy learn and review basic nursing skills.
- Clinical Decision Points within skills address key safety issues or possible skill modifications for specific patient needs.
- Rationales for each skill step explain why steps are performed in a specific way, including their clinical significance and benefit, and incorporate the latest research findings.
- Video clip icons indicate video clips that are related to skills and procedures in the book and related lessons in Nursing Skills Online.